We at Biomass Engineering & Equipment value family-life balance and flexibility in terms of work location and hours. Employees may work remotely or at our Columbus or Indianapolis locations. We also offer paid time off and health benefits. And you won’t get bored here. As one of our employees, you will engage in projects ranging from biomass handling equipment to forest-product machinery to automated veneer grading assemblies.
Comprehensive understanding of:
- Mechanical design and manufacturing. Please elucidate in your cover letter. We are looking for people who are mechanically inclined. Include hobbies and personal projects if they apply.
- Material properties of steel and aluminum for design selection
- Engineering standard GD&T and BOM for part and assembly drawings
- Welding methods and symbols
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- 3D CAD software experience (preferably Solidworks)
- Technical writing and verbal skills
- People skills: Vendors, customers, manufacturing team, other engineers
- ERP or MRP experience (preferably E2)
- Material handling experience
- FEA experience (preferably Solidworks)
- Develop designs to customer specifications in compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications, and codes.
- Work with the production team during the manufacturing process
- Build relationships with vendors and customers
- Duties and assignments as assumed or directed by Director of Engineering: Designs, calculations, models, drawings, BOMs, data entry, operations and maintenance manuals, startup guides, trouble shooting guides, spare parts lists, etc.
- Remain familiar with “Codes and Standards” and progressive industry designs
- Continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing skills to enhance innovation and productivity
- Clear communication verbally and written (English)
- Troubleshooting problems with customer and manufacturing team to provide corrective actions
- Be able to tactfully give and receive feedback
- Familiar with manufacturing processes: Welding, cutting, forming, milling, turning, etc.
- Follow processes and work instructions
- Effectively resolve conflicting priorities to achieve optimal results
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5-15 years of related design and manufacturing experience. Please elucidate in your cover letter. We are looking for people who are mechanically inclined. Include hobbies and personal projects if they apply.
- Experience in risk evaluation techniques (DFMEA/PFMEA)
- Proficient use of MS Office (Primarily Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong work ethic
- Problem solving skills
- Self-Motivated, disciplined, passionate, and organized
Please answer the following questions with your application:
- How many years of Professional Machine/Mechanical Design experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you in Indianapolis, IN?
Interested in applying? Interested in applying? Contact Us! Please paste your resume in the email body.